Update: When we first wrote this post, we’d located 7 sources of Made-in-USA socks. Now we have twenty!
says its cotton blend socks, for men and women, are intended to give wearers the chance to have some fun even when they’re stuck in monotonous daily wardrobes. Mission accomplished! However, be sure to choose the “USA MADE” tab at Richer-Poorer because not all of their socks are American-made. Unfortunately, their “newest arrivals” section shows very few American-made choices.
2. Not all the socks sold by Orvis are American-made, but the Invincible line is. These are the company’s super-high quality socks in merino wool and cotton.
3. All Wigwam socks, whether for work, play, sports or medical need, are USA-made. We’ve both worn this brand and love them. In fact, in the winter we’ve been known to steal pairs from each other on the coldest days and it’s not unusual to hear, “Hey, aren’t those MY socks?”
4. The folks in Vermont make Darn Tough Socks so rugged, they offer a LIFETIME guarantee! As they say on the website, “If you were able to wear out a pair of Darn Tough socks, we’ll replace them.”
5. Dapper Classics was founded by father and son named Fred and Harrison Rich in 2011. Their specialty is high-end men’s dress socks made in the USA.
6. Solmate Socks: “Life is too short for matching socks,” says Vermont’s Socklady,
and we’re inclined to agree after checking out these fun, colorful Solmate socks! Made in the USA from recycled cotton, these wonderfully mismatched socks are available for children, adults, and now babies.
7. American Trench is best known for its snappy trench coats, but they also offer some nice-looking cotton socks for men, which are manufactured in North Carolina.
8. Bamboosa socks combine Viscose from Organic Bamboo with Lycra for a soft, comfortable feel.
9. Fox River Mills, established in 1900, makes FoxSox for every imaginable activity and, they’ve got some very appealing designs.
10. Zkano Socks: Made in Alabama, Zkano socks are all-cotton and organic. You can create your own 3-pack for $39.
11. Thorlo Socks markets their products to “people whose feet hurt.” Their socks are distinguished by their comfortable padding and the company says they will always be made in the USA.
12. Chrissy’s Knee Highs are fashion socks; inexpensive and made with mostly man-made fibers. But they’re probably the only USA manufacturer that can offer you spooky socks on Halloween, patriotic socks on the Fourth of July and breast cancer-awareness socks to wear to your local fundraiser.
13. BakerSox is a fast-growing manufacturer that does its own knitting, finishing, wholesaling and distribution of men’s, ladies, and children’s socks.
14. New Balance has some American-made socks to go along with its popular American-made sneakers. There are currently 8 pairs offered on the website.
15, Socks4Life carries more than 100 different USA-made socks, including the American Brand, blue-heel style shown above.
16. RocknSocks offers colorful, creative socks in multiple styles for men and women.
17. Duluth Trading Company offers types of Made-in-USA socks. They call their own brand “indestructible.”
18. Socks from Organic Threads are made from organic cotton that is grown, processed and manufactured in the U.S.A. Available at Cotton Acres.
19. Maggies’s Socks are organic and fair trade. Each sock has a tab to check its “origins,” where the cotton was grown and where the sock was made.
20. K. Bell has a number of sock styles made in the USA. Our favorites are the patriotic designs of Mount Rushmore, the Golden Gate Bridge and the flag.